Client: British Horseracing Authority (BHA) / British Racing School
Gill Greeves, BHA Vocational Training Manager: “This initiative is a great move forward in our provision of training and development for jockeys who are Racing’s elite athletes. BHA is grateful for the guidance and support offered by The Sports Office in developing this unique system and to the BRS team and Gemma Waterhouse who have managed the project.”
Client Requirements: Creation and implementation of bespoke online Performance Management system for The British Racing School – Jockey Coaching Programme. The programme involves over 200 Apprentice and Conditional Jockeys who receive one-to one or group coaching for up to four hours per month. They also ride in the development events, ‘Racing Excellence Series’. The system is to be used by jockey coaches, jockeys, trainers and administrators of the programme.
Solution and Benefits: The system enables highly-effective interaction between jockeys and coaches for communication, planning and reflection on all coaching and development work. Key benefits include:
- Effective management of all jockey information.
- Logging and monitoring of all Coaching sessions and related interventions.
- Performance reviews for RES races including production of data including leaderboards.
- Production of jockey performance stats via API feed from the BHA.
- Effective online process for Jockey competency reviews.
- Flexible and robust video analysis system to support jockey coaching and development.
- Improved communication – sharing of jockey training and race schedules.