Client: Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club
Tony Daley, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Head of Sport Science and Conditioning: “The Sports Office has been a resourceful addition to the day to day running of the sport science department at Wolves. We currently monitor the wellbeing of all players with the information automatically transferred into the system via the players app. Once registered they are assessed and if there any warnings they are acted upon. Such monitoring is key to ensure players are training/playing at their optimum loads and via an easy importing system, key GPS metrics can be instantly analysed (traffic light system) and acted upon relatively.
“Building reports via the Analysis tab is also easy but provides very comprehensive information. The Gym session tab is excellent. Once the session is put onto PMA it allows the players to seamlessly input their own reps and weights via the player app allowing them to be more proactive and provide accurate input of data.”
Client Requirements: Wolverhampton Wanderers required a system to fully incorporate their academy and first team squad. The ability to share Medical and Sport Science data was extremely important for younger players breaking through to the elite squad. Tracking training loads for example when players are interchanging between U21’s and 1st team can be problematic if the whole organisation are using different systems and software. A further requirement for Wolves was the ability for players to quickly and easily complete custom Wellbeing questionnaires, view training schedules and log Gym training loads from prescribed programmes.
Solution and Benefits: The Sports Office worked with Wolverhampton to configure the following functionality:
- Custom Dashboards –to show users key metrics and data.
- Training loads, Wellbeing and Medical data can now all be quickly accessed on a daily basis to facilitate planning of future training programmes.
- Medical and Sports Science Profile – Automatic output page that display current and previous injuries, Training and Game time and testing results against that players average.
- Reporting solutions – Data is available regardless of what team a player was playing/training with at the time. This allows for a more accurate reflection of loads on fringe players as well as the ability to track player progression through his time at the club.
- Player App – This is now used by the first team and academy to feed data into the custom dashboards. Tony Daley (Head of Sport Science and Conditioning) and his team can now easily view and use the data pushed to them without the need to collect/record it themselves.