Client: Maccabi Tel Aviv Football Club
Juan Torrijo, Head Fitness Coach, Maccabi Tel Aviv Football Club: “The Football Squad system has improved the efficiency of our data management. We have also optimised our time by improving the speed and efficiency of individual training load analysis. Other improvements include our inter-departmental communication.”
Client Requirements: The client required an online, performance management solution for the first team and reserve team with the view to implementing this throughout the club’s younger age groups. The client needed a system that would be well structured and easy to use, due to English being the second language of the majority of staff; but a system that still provided the necessary tools required to monitor and enhance the performance of elite football players, competing within the UEFA Champions League. The system would need to cater to the specific requirements of all members of staff including the following departments: Administration, Coaching, Medical, Sports Science, Recruitment, Analysis, Sporting Director, Chief Executive, Players.
Solution and Benefits: The system enables highly effective interaction throughout the football club; facilitating the successful cross-communication between all staff and players. During a 5-day implementation period a Sports Office Client Manager met with each department on multiple occasions to set up the system in the way that worked best for Maccabi and to deliver full training. Now the system is fully functional, key benefits to the Maccabi Tel Aviv staff include:
- Manager and Assistant use the system to review, plan and deliver all element of coaching sessions.
- The integration of GPS into the system allowing for a greater depth of reporting and load monitoring.
- All first team players use the player app to submit monitoring, wellbeing and nutritional information, daily. This has freed an extensive amount of time for the medical and sports science staff, allowing them to be much more time efficient.
- The sporting director is heavily involved within the recruitment process of first team and academy players. The system has given him a database that is being utilised by scouts across different continents and then allows him to make informed decisions based on the information collected by his scouts.
- The Chief Executive has a live dashboard that allows him to see precisely the KPIs and key information relating to each department.
- Streamlined processes throughout the medical team. Injury information, scans, x-rays, tests are logged against individualised player profiles allowing instant reports to be run.