Client: The Scottish Football Association
David Stevenson, Head of Performance Anaylsis, Scottish Football Association: “The Sports Office is a hugely powerful tool allowing us to quickly and easily manage our key performance processes. It helps us give the best possible preparation.”
Client Requirements: Implementation of a web based performance management system, to help support the development of players aged 11- 16, in the association’s seven national performance schools situated in different regions of Scotland and the national teams programme
Solution and Benefits: The Sports Office football specific system The Football Squad allows Scottish FA coaches to share and deliver their coaching programme between national performance schools. Each player selected by the Scottish FA to attend these schools, receives one hour a day of coaching from a Scottish FA coach. By using The Football Squad to create and store their sessions, the coaches can share session plans and help ensure a consistent approach to programme delivery. Players and staff can access the system from anywhere by logging in on any device or by using the App to:
- Create and share Coaching sessions between coaches and with the players.
- Player evaluation and self-refection via performance reviews.
- Two-way player and coach interaction.
- Upload and share video footage to support the development of players, watch and review matches or best practice.
- Effective Player information management, administration of contact and personal details.
- Make important documents between staff and players available to view and download.
- Input testing results to allow national benchmarking and analysis to help with talent identification for national teams.
- Daily wellbeing questionnaires completed by players to monitor player welfare and physical condition.